Mom's 60th birthday
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Food for thought!

3 verfasser

Nach unten

Food for thought! Empty Food for thought!

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Jul 30, 2009 9:01 am

All those mouths will need to be fed! I think we should have a BBQ. That is definitely the easiest for such a large group of people and things like coleslaw, potato salad etc.. can be prepared in the morning (or even the day before!) So that not too much work has to be done on the day! (Evening)

I don't think mum's got a bbg, do you guys know someone that has a large one we could potentially borrow? (Unless we use the fire pit by the river?)

We also need to think about seating and tables.
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

Nach oben Nach unten

Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought!

Beitrag  Ruthie Do Jul 30, 2009 10:24 am

Bee, I'm pretty sure Mom has a BBQ now. At least I remember seeing one, I believe Robert got it and it's still there. So, is anyone good with the BBQ? Andy maybe? Ray also has a BBQ we could for sure borrow. Smile
Seating and tables we could for sure borrow from the church again, if there is not something going on there. Charlie will let us take out some chair/tables for sure.
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 34

https://rose60.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Do Jul 30, 2009 10:25 am

Cheeze, too many for sures in my last post. LOL
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Jul 30, 2009 11:32 am

Food...

Ok, do we all agree on a BBQ then? Smile

Sounds good, yum yum! We'll need to get lot's of meat the night before and marinate it, then it'll be LOVELY. Maybe we could even drop it off at Ray's so that Mom doesn't see it... lol

Very Happy I'm sure Ray can be the BBQ master, his cookin is L o v e l y! lol

Notes:

1. BBQ dinner
2. Check with Church if chairs can be borrowed - Ruth
3. Check with Ray if it's ok to store food at his house the night before?
4. Ask Andy/Ray if they can be in charge of cooking the food? - Esther
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Do Jul 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Bee, I am loving your notes. Smile Have to keep that up if we want to remember it in 2 1/2 years Smile
To drink, punch would be great because it's always appreciated. I remember it was the first drink gone at my wedding and all you need is gingerale/7up, cranberry juice and crushed pineapple.
The question is, do you also want to introduce alcoholic beverages or rather leave it a non-alcoholic event?
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Jul 30, 2009 1:34 pm

lol I know... that's why I'm making notes, we won't want to be reading over ALL of our messages in a couple year's time...

I think we should include alcohol. The Mckinnons, Wests.. we drink... Churchy ppl can just not drink right?

Notes:

1. BBQ dinner
2. Check with Church if chairs can be borrowed - Ruth
3. Check with Ray if it's ok to store food at his house the night before?
4. Ask Andy/Ray if they can be in charge of cooking the food? - Esther
5. Beverages - Ruth's Punch, different pops, beer, alco pops, wine
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Fr Jul 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi Bee,
I believe some of the church members probably drink, too, just won't get drunk in public. Don't know, it's just a feeling. And nice wine to add to the dinner would definitely be a good idea.
The beer and coolers might be kept for the hard core partiers? Like when all the others go home and just the family + close friends stay behind? Just a thought.
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Pancake Mo Aug 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Hey Gurls,
We're back from camping... It was a good trip... fishing, boating, mudbogging and country!!!! Loved it!!! We didn't have the best weather, but all the rain brought us underneath a tarp and we just sat there talking and listening to the rain. Plus made a fire, of course!!! Anyhow I really like your thoughts...

1.) Mom has a BBQ... and I'm sure that we could get another one.
2.) I think we could just get a big ice bucket and place coolers, beers and such into it and whoever wants one can do so...
3.) A nice red or white wine (or both) could be placed on the tables (kind off like at a wedding)
4.) Punch is alway's welcome... I also think that strawberry smoothy's or different type in a bowl would also be appreciated.
5.) We might want some tea available as well and coffee???
6.) Why don't we try to do all the food including BBQ (since I'm sure that Ray and Andy would appreciate it when they could just come and hang out and not do anything).
7.) People will propably offer help once they now about it...
8.) What do you guy's think about making it a big pot luck and the BBQ?

Anyhow I hope you guy's are doing well!

Love; Esther

P.S.: Take care!
Pancake
Pancake

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Aug 06, 2009 4:40 am

I think you've made a couple really good points there... Smile

Glad you had a good time camping. I can't even imagine doing it like you have (under a tarp!!) lol

I agree with all your points..
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Do Aug 06, 2009 7:02 am

Hey,
I was just wondering what you meant about making a big potluck and BBQ? Isn't that a bit much? Or do you mean we organize the BBQ and let the guests bring some more food? LOL

Love, Ruth
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Pancake Do Aug 06, 2009 5:11 pm

I was thinking that we'll have a pot luck supper with the BBQ'ing being provide by us + the beverages....
Pancake
Pancake

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Fr Aug 07, 2009 4:30 am

Hey,

I think that's a brilliant Idea, we provide the meat, buns, drinks etc... And other's can bring salads and sides etc... That will cut down preperation time and sooo much work! And I'm sure no one would mind either...! We could make a list of who's brining what, so that if there is anything we'd like besides that we can make it ourself for everyone.

XXX
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Pancake Sa Aug 08, 2009 11:40 am

I agree, a guest list and what they would like to bring is an excellent idea... also we should start making a "Mom" Bankaccount and place $10 -15 on it every month. So come 2012, August we're not going to be swamped!

Love; Esther
Pancake
Pancake

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Sa Aug 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Think the bank account for me is not a good idea... me to transfer CAD is costly, especially if its only small and several amounts. I think I'll be fine just comming up with the money when its time... xxx
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Pancake So Aug 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Hey Bee,
I was thinking that each of us could put away money either way on a bank account or at home. It doesn't have to be a joined account. It's great if you can do it right on the spot, then you don't have to remember to take soome money out each month... anyhow... have a good one...

Love; Esther
Pancake
Pancake

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie So Aug 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey guys.
I don't want to be an annoying admin, but the last couple of posts should be in a different thread: guestlist and gift. Very Happy
So my answers are in those threads.
As for a potluck, I do think it's a good idea; however, I don't know if a potluck is really something you do to celebrate someone's birthday? Like have you guys ever brought a salad to someones birthday party? Not me, so I think we should be making all the stuff. Or am I way off now?
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Mo Aug 10, 2009 9:02 am

okey, I missunderstood you there... sorry. No, I'll still save up money anywho (have a direct debit set up monthly anywho) because I will obviously have to pay for the flights and stuff... So it won't be cheap, but yeah.... I just misunderstood. Will check out that band you were talking bout later. (turkey's) lol Love ya xxx
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Di Dez 14, 2010 3:46 pm

All right... Food. I'm thinking if we celebrate Mom's birthday in Germany, we need to rent a hall/restaurant to have the venue to do so. That means the food would be provided. It also means, we have to pay for it. Laughing
Now, I'm thinking we should first decide where we're going to have the festivities, I don't know if you guys want to do it in Bensheim or rather in the Odenwald?
What are your ideas?

Love, Ruthie
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten

Befugnisse in diesem Forum
Sie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten